Investing in Communities, Customers and the Environment: Rogers Corporate Responsibility Report 2014
Friday, June 26th 2015 12:01:10pm
This year’s 2014 CSR report is divided into six subject areas (Good Governance, Customer Experience, Employee Experience, Environmental Responsibility, Community Investment, and Economy & Society). Some highlights:
- 25 per cent reduction in paper use.
- 31.5 per cent drop in complaints to the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS).
- A new diversity team was formed in 2014 to lead the company’s journey to develop and execute best-in-class targeted action plans and drive the recruitment, development and retention of women, visible minorities, person with disabilities, etc.
- Economic value distributed totaled $12.4 billion, including salaries and benefits paid, dividends and shareholder equity transactions, interest on long-term debt and other interest expenses, income tax expense, community investment, and supplier spend.
- Donated $70.8 million to charities and non-profit organizations through cash and in-kind giving.
For the full Rogers 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, visit www.rogers.com/csr.
About Rogers Communications
Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.